Friday, July 09, 2010

Some Deeply Surprising Facts

Hello Trolls,

How lovely to hear from you. Here's some advice for trolling on the Cru-blog:

1) The blog is now moderated. I used to have a policy of letting you all post comments at will on the basis that you would eventually say something stupid enough to discredit yourself and also because I figured that in answering your "points" hopefully I was helping others out there understand the issues more clearly and deal with people like you they might be unfortunate enough to meet in real life. But of course one of you had to take it "too far" and start being extremely rude and vulgar about not just me but other people. You have only spoiled it for yourselves. But just to clarify - there is no point posting the same obnoxious comment over and over again. No, your "send" button is not broken - you are a fuckwit.

2) No I am not impinging on your right to "free speech". This is my blog. You may write whatever you wish on YOUR BLOG. I reserve my right not to bother reading it.

3) In answer to your charming questions: Yes my sex life is going very well thanks and no it is not limited to the visually impaired. You may move along now.

Love Cru

4 comments:

Leia Organa said...

No I am not impinging on your right to "free speech". This is my blog. You may write whatever you wish on YOUR BLOG. I reserve my right not to bother reading it.

Haha, I have something very similar to this in my own comments policy. ;o)

JENNIFER DREW said...

Well said Cruella - male trolls abound in abundance and arrogantly assume they should be given an airing on feminist blogsites.

That's told them!

Jilly said...

I always think it strange that some men expect their nasty comments to be acceptable on feminist blogs when they don't appear to think it acceptable for women to post rational and logical comments quoting valid sources refuting their obnoxious misogyny on their own blogs.

Em and John said...

I don't know whether it was male or female (Hi quiet riot girl, bet you're still reading!), but either way: exactly Kate. Your blog, your rules.

I have no idea why misogynists come to feminist blogs OVER AND OVER to tell feminists how wrong and stupid and ugly we are and expect feminist bloggers to post all their crap. Trolls are like rats with buttons (you know what I mean).