Friday, April 23, 2010

What The Hell!!

I am a little bit angry today...

Someone has reported my comedy sketch about the election to Facebook as "abusive" and rather than look at it and realise there is no reasonable way anyone could take offence ... they've broken the link! The irony being that I post up links all the time to stuff here on the blog where I'm quite actively talking about very sensitive political issues like religion or abortion. But they've never taken those down. Well if you want to see it you can still do so on the blog (it's here). And if you have a website please put the link up, I am missing out on huge numbers of potential audience.

I can't express how angry I am about this. Especially when Facebook has not taken down (though I know I for one have reported it as abusive) the group page "FUCK OFF WITH YOUR TRAGIC STATUSES ABOUT HOW "MEN R ALL TWATS" you slut." which operates with the tag line "Go run infront of a bus. You DUTTY MUGGY BITCH.". Really - that group exists, you can go look if you're on Facebook. Clearly that is not offensive whereas a woman in bunches talking too fast about David Cameron is...

I was in the process of making a sequel to the sketch, now I am starting to feel it might be more productive to bang my head against the nearest brick wall. So let me say finally: AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

3 comments:

JENNIFER DREW said...

Promoting male hatred of women is obviously not 'offensive' or even a violation of women's rights to be seen and treated as human beings. Hate speech what hate speech? Surely all women should know and recognise that Facebook by providing space for men to indulge themselves in women-hating is 'fun' and 'entertaining.' Promoting male violence against women is not 'offensive' - no it is what women deserve apparently because they are not those wonderful superior beings - men!

Whereas clever and non-insulting parodies of white heterosexual men is never 'fun' or 'entertaining' it is 'offensive' to those beings who claim to be the only ones eligible for human status.

Another example of how white, heterosexual powerful men do indeed rule the world.

John Slinger said...

Do another video. Don't let the b@stards get you down! I still don't understand how someone can get things taken down so easily. All the best.

Mary Tracy9 said...

Don't give up. Don't let it get to you. And don't let this stop you from making another sketch. The morons at Facebook wouldn't know "abusive" if it stood on their heads. People who matter like your work, that's what really counts :)