Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Thud Thud Thud

Friend sent me this link to a helmet for children learning to walk - so they won't bump their heads... Now of course if your child has a medical condition such as severe epilepsy or something that causes the scull to be particularly prone to damage, fair enough. But really this is going too far otherwise. Kids bump their heads and then they figure out "ah jumping of the sofa head first is a bad idea" and then they don't do it again. I know some people say they wrap their kids in cotton wool - surely this is taking it a bit literally.

3 comments:

Clair said...

Helicopter parenting at its very worst. Those kids will never graduate from the school of hard knocks *arf*

Stan said...

Feel I rant coming on that starts "When I were a lad ..." and goes on to catalogue the unsafe toys, cars etc. etc. that were a normal part of growing up in '70s.

Mind you, if they made them in football club colours ...

Cruella said...

Yeah I did see some parents in a park near me recently telling their toddler not to run while carrying a stick. I was thinking that kids got a few million years of evolution on his side there, he'll probably do well enough.